Growing Gardens & Writing Books: Any Jane Austen Fans?   

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Any Jane Austen Fans?

If you love Jane Austen, like me, then you will enjoy this book I just finished. I borrowed it on my iPad from my local library and it was a good read. Definitely Not Mr. Darcy is a story about a divorced single mom, Chloe Parker, with a failing business and one last hope to save her home, business, and love life. She wins a trip to England to take part in what she thinks is a documentary set in Regency (19th century) England. What she quickly learns is that she has signed a contract to be on a reality show and compete with other women to win the heart of Mr.Wrightman. Now, I was able to very quickly guess the twist but I was still eager to see how it would unfold. I will say, I am not a fan of books or movies ending the way this one did (I want to know exactly how they rode off into the sunset) but I still very much enjoyed it. Karen Doornebos did a great job capturing my attention, engaging my love of Jane Austen, and writing a love story that I want more from. I am certainly hoping Ms. Doornebos is working on the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.